
So it has been a while since I've written, because Jeff has been home! It has been unbelievably wonderful. He and Kailie are pals, and although there's no one quite like mom, she follows him around the house and even cried for him tonight in her crib.

Our family is another year older after Kailie celebrated her first birthday on Saturday. We all had a wonderful time and Kailie was so busy showing off and playing with her friends that she didn't eat too much ice cream cake when the time came. Jeff's parents and two sisters came to visit for the occasion (and to see Jeff, of course) so it was an exhausting weekend, especially for Kailie!

Kailie got wonderful and thoughtful gifts from friends and family, and cannot complain she has nothing to do~! Jeff's parents also brought up clothes, books, toys and a little picnic table they collected for us from friends etc. in Houston. Oh the perks of being the first grandchild! (And Roni's connections working at a preschool ;-) )

Kailie had been taking a few nervous steps on her own about a week before Jeff came home, and she's practically running now. So I guess she was waiting for Daddy to come home. Pictures of her running about the house to come--
Look forward to a "guest entry" by Jeff this next week before he has to go back. I am grateful the long stretch is over and he only has 4.5 months left of his tour, but it will be busy for him as he is taking command of his company shortly after his return.
2 comments:
How cute! I'm so happy Jeff was there for Kailie's first birthday. I'm sure he's in heaven having her follow him everywhere and isn't it funny how the kids "know" who Dad is. I can't believe she's walking already. You're in for a new adventure now! :)
Yeah! I am so glad you could ALL be together for Kallie's birthday. That is great. Sounds like it was a fun day too!
Post a Comment