Sunday, October 05, 2008

Mercy for Mama

So like many days during the week I have to strap Kailie in her car seat and drive around until she falls asleep. So I figured I deserved a chocolate milkshake and bought one at Sonic only to drop it in my car. It actually didn't spill, but the straw pierced through the other end instead. So I used the foil from my grilled chicken wrap and drank it upside down :-) Pretty entertainting.

Kailie discovered how to pull her sunshade down in her car seat this week and practiced it many times, sometimes to her own surprise. She is also able to put her teething binky back in her mouth with more accuracy and consistency than before.

And...(drum roll) one of Kailie's bottom teeth is starting to poke through. I felt it for the first time this morning! She's been teething for a few weeks now and we've had some long nights, gallons of drool and tons of gnawing along the way. It's exciting to see the fruits of our labor, but all I can think is ouch ~! Hopefully she'll have some mercy for mama. Maybe she should be the tooth fairy for Halloween.

2 comments:

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

cute blog! i love it. i didn't recognize your husband with a stash. it's funny how they change while they're over there. crazy kids.

The Metcalf Five said...

Your baby is so cute! And she has really grown since I saw you guys last. I can't believe how time flies....we really miss you around here. Wish I could find as good a piano teacher as you were. Oh well.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected