I wanted to share some Kailie highlights of the week. She started saying "tickle tickle" and tickling me which is so sweet. She also started to give her doll a pacifier and was very frustrated that it wouldn't stay in~! Very cute. And she's been trying to feed her dolls and stuffed animals her snacks and she makes a "smacking lips" sound. She also says "nai nai" when placing dolls in her old bouncer (now her toy) or seeing pictures in her books of animals or children in bed. She's pretty quick to catch on and assimilate when she see's a new "nai nai" picture! Kailie continues to bring me book after book to read together and make animal noises. "Woof woof" and "quack quack" are her favorites. She also makes a cat, pig, owl and cow sound.
And last but not least, she waves her finger at the cats clearly saying "no no no". Ok, so I sort of taught it to her since I'm always yelling at the cats for getting into trouble or fighting with eachother. And I know it will haunt me when she starts scolding me or Jeff, but it'd happen anyways, right? :-) And Jeff got to see her do it on the webcam which is exciting, because kids never perform when you want them too! He also got to see her dance, which she loves to do.
So Kailie is just getting so grown up! She's not a baby any more but a little lady. I am excited to give her a new doll for her birthday that came in the mail yesterday (yay for banking points that can be used to redeem gift cards!). It's a 12 months+ doll that still has a soft, squishy body, but the plastic head of a big girl doll. I think she will love her :-)
We are anxiously counting down the days until Jeff comes home and have been spending extra time looking at pictures and talking about Daddy. She knows all his pictures around the house and recognizes him right away on the Webcam, even with the blurry picture. So it will be exciting to see them reunited and to see if Kailie "gets it". At least he will be a familiar face.
I continue to sew the night away and made another bag! I redesigned it using the last pattern as a guide. This is not the best picture, but you get the jist. I plan on making a bunch of bags this year to give away as gifts. I've ordered some nice home decor quality fabrics and hopefully the hours it takes (days in my case with Kailie) show through in my work. Maybe I'll brainstorm some more design ideas as well.
And I finished the pieces last night to a quilt I started AGES ago. I had started all of it by hand and thus, it got abandoned after two squares. So I put my new rotary cutters and sewing machine to work and I finished all of these in a snap! Now I just have to continue piecing them together then quilt it with batting. I will post my finished product when it's done.


1 comment:
hey the quilt looks good. I wish I could sew but I know it takes practice. Good job!! The bag looks great...
Post a Comment