Sunday, January 17, 2010

Gone With the Wind

Kailie with her tutu she asked to put on under her dress. We couldn't get a better shot, but her rocking horse is behind her so it's very Gone With the Wind.

I know I have been bad at updating on this blog, but my goal for 2010 is to write at least once a month with general updates, pictures and what not. It's funny how life is so hectic and busy, yet when I sit down to write it's almost impossible to decide on what to write about or how to sum things up. And it's not that there isn't anything to write about!

Kailie keeps getting more and more grown up, I continue with my physical therapy and recovery and Jeff is always busy at work. That would be the general summary. Kailie started the nursery at church and is doing really well. She took a few weeks to get used to the chaos of a room full of toddlers, but (we are told) she is doing great. She loves to count, read books, watch cartoons and play picnic. I got some adorable crocheted play food this week she loves and have some crocheted baking utensils I am hoping to get in the next few weeks.

Jeff and I on the other hand started teaching the 6-year-olds while she is in nursery and although they are all good kids, we have a couple rowdy boys that wear us out! It was only our second week today, so we are optimistic things will only look up as we continue to get to know them and vice versa. It is something we have never done together, so it will be a new growing experience for us.

I've started to get back into my cooking again and my new Le Creuset enameled cast iron pot I got at Christmas was definitely a motivation. I also got a handful of new Williams-Sonoma cookbooks with some gift cards from my mother at Christmas. I am trying to find time to sew, but the past couple of months have been a little hectic, so I haven't had too much to show for it. A lot of cloth wipes and some odds and ends, but I have a couple craft books I need to review so I should get a few fun things done over the next month or two.

We plan on starting to car shop over the next few weeks as I am hoping to start practicing behind the wheel again. Maybe tomorrow now that the snow has cleared and it is supposed to get up into the 50s! Jeff says he already has a plan on a parking lot and tests to give me to make sure my right leg is strong enough to drive safely. Even after I start I don't anticipate driving further than the Walmart or around town for some time. I got back to the doctor in Springfield this week for more X-rays and follow ups and am hoping to get a prescription for a quad cane.

No comments:

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected