Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Ft. Leonard Wood: Home Sweet Home

Jeff FINALLY heard back about the position this afternoon and if you haven't heard yet: he was selected! A personal phone call from the general-- I had a feeling that if we hadn't heard yet, they were probably contacting everyone else first to say "thanks, try again next year" or whatever they say when declining a candidate. At the same time, we were prepared either way and would have been happy either way (well, except if Jeff didn't get the slot our vacation would be put back and he would leave for 3 weeks on a mission with his company. so we're talking happy in the long term here :-))


So this means we'll be here in Ft. "Lost in the Woods" for another 2 or 3 years, which has its pros and cons, but it is stability (a luxury in military life) and we can build some more equity on our little ranch style home. And even though I may potentially see my hubby even less than now (which already seems like never sometimes!) at least he won't be deploying or gone for chunks of time and that is a good thing. I want him to see all the infant stages he missed for Kailie with baby #2~! 

3 comments:

MissouriMormonMama said...

I am so happy for you Emi! That will be a challenging position, but a great opportunity, and I am so glad ( :

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is great that Jeff got the job! And I am curious too what you'll be having! I'll throw my vote in for a girl.

Angie said...

Congrats Jeff! I am happy to hear you'll be in such a great place for 2-3 more yrs. Can't wait to hear what you are having, I'm guessing a boy.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected