Monday, September 06, 2010

Yard Sales, Puppies & Big Girl Beds

I know that I am a slacker when it comes to this blog, but I thought I'd give everyone a quick update. We got two puppies the end of July to add to our chaos, bought a twin sized bed for Kailie to start transitioning to before the new baby arrives, are shuffling furniture around the house trying to find a scenario that will work for a newborn and a toddler and are busy with everything else that comes along with work and military life. 


I just had a yard sale that went pretty well and took about 5 boxes of stuff to Goodwill. We have a few more huge garbage bags full of clothes and shoes to take over this week as we continued to tidy up and organize the garage this weekend. Our de-stashing is definitely helping us find a little more space to work with, and we will be moving the elliptical out of our bedroom and into the garage with some of the newfound space. As of now the crib will stay on one side of the nursery and Kailie's twin bed on the other...we will see how Kailie does sharing a room after baby #2 graduates from his bassinet in our room. If she doesn't do well (as we all know she is a light sleeper!) we'll come up with plan B, but I guess we have a good 6 months or more before we cross that bridge. 


Jeff is busy at work with evening and weekend work more than I would like, but it is nice to know that he won't be deploying for a couple of years, so it'll be worth it. I am excited for Jeff to see all the newborn and infant stages he missed for Kailie with our new little one and have some help while I transition into juggling two little ones at home. We still haven't started sifting through name ideas, and it just seems harder for me to come up with boy names I like!


Once we get the furniture arranged how we want it (for now) I will start making a list of the clothing and bedding we will need for our little guy, since I can't start thinking about it before I have any drawers to store it in! Soon enough... stay tuned for more nesting and life updates, and as always, comments are motivation for me to hop on here and write ;-)

2 comments:

MissouriMormonMama said...

It's good to hear from you Emi ( :
Good luck on the bed transition, sometimes it is smooth, and sometimes not! I'm glad all is well.

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...

Emi-
We also had to do some transitioning here in DC. With just 2 bedrooms, Luke and Noah are now sharing a room. It's gone better than expected. You'll be surprised at how adapting kids are. Kailie will do so well with a baby. She is so sweet and will be so loving and gentle. She's going to be an amazing big sis.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected