So even though it won't technically be fall until next week, it has definitely been in the air. And for whatever reason fall gives me the urge to make more homemade food and crafts. Maybe its the crisp weather than encourages us to stay indoors that results in this homemade productivity or perhaps it is because the holidays are around the corner that gets me in this "kick".
After some warm weather over the weekend we had a cold, windy day on Monday that got me in the mood to make my first batch of homemade tapioca pudding. Yum. Jeff and Kailie weren't big fans, but Kailie seemed to like it better when it was cold the next day. Jeff had never had tapioca pudding before (can you believe it?) let alone homemade and I think he still needs time to process the whole tapioca root deal. No fear, there were many things he wouldn't eat or had never tried when we got married that he eats on a regular basis now. It's just a matter of time. ;-)
So as many of you know I rearrange furniture and like to change decor on a regular basis. I predominantly rearrange since redecorating is just too expensive and with two little ones to feed and clothe, it is a lower priority; but I have re-discovered the magic of pillow covers. I purchased some pillow covers earlier this year in an effort to redecorate in a more affordable (and easy-to-change) manner, but I took it to the next level and made my own pillow covers today! So more money savings, my first shot at an invisible zipper (or any zipper for that matter) and only my second attempt at a pillow cover.
I used home decor fabric, so it's thick, durable and more professional looking compared to my last attempt with thin cotton fabric and I think it turned out pretty darn well. Let's see if you can guess which pillow cover, above, is mine. Two are Pottery Barn pillow covers and the third is the one I made today-- any guesses, or process of elimination if you remember what covers I had on my couch the last time your were over? Leave a comment, this will be fun! :-)


4 comments:
I would guess the one in the middle is PB. Other than that I'm not sure!
I have no idea. They all look great! I saw the cutest pillow covers using a wide strip of kimono cloth between two pieces of plain fabric....maybe not so "easypeasy Japanesey" for me but I bet you could do it!
Drum roll.....I made the zippered pillow cover for the MIDDLE pillow! It's the heaviest weight home decor fabric and the two on the outsides are cotton/linen covers from Pottery Barn.
So psyched it looked like the PB one Maria, that boosts my confidence tons. Actually so much that I made two more covers in a different size today! ;-)
I was going to guess the tan striped one so I totally would have lost! :) Way to go! They look great Emi! I hate working with zippers, so that makes it even more awesome :)Can't wait for fall!
Post a Comment