Saturday, January 28, 2012

To Health and Happiness

So I continued my week of meal planning pretty strong. We had Curried Chicken and Cous Cous on Monday,  Spanish Style Stuffed Peppers on Wednesday, Butternut Squash and Spinach Soup on Thursday, Thai Shrimp Soup on Friday and Beef Chili tonight. Tuesday is going to be a designated leftovers day, which is why I left that out of my line up, and we ate our Thai soup so fast last night I forgot to take a picture! I made tons of chili tonight so I will have to remember to take a picture another night, or not. This was more a means of motivation for me to keep chugging along than anything else.

Curried Chicken and Cous Cous
Spanish-Style Stuffed Peppers
Butternut Squash and Spinach Soup
My new, newly certified personal trainer is my friend Kori! She put together a workout for me on Friday and I am S-O-R-E. My right knee has been giving me a bit of trouble as well (where they had to insert the hardware on that leg) so we may have to alter or cut back on a few of the exercises, but my ultimate goal is to figure out what I can do with this "new" body of mine (car accident, pregnancy, the whole nine yards). We are exploring different low impact, core building things I can do to trim up, get back into shape and try to strengthen my body. Focus on what I can do rather than what I can't do anymore due to my legs. So worse-cased scenario, I work out with her once a week, which is more than I have been doing, so it's a start.


I got another baby carrier to review this past month to add to my collection of reviewed and purchased baby carriers. It is a winner! The Boba 3G (3rd generation) is possibly taking the #1 slot in my collection over my two Ergo carriers, but I'll need to keep using it to be able to really decide on that, since I've been using my Ergo as a staple in my collection for over three years now! It was a beautiful day last Sunday, although still a little chilly if you can't tell by our faces. The Boba 2G was a toddler carrier, but they have made a dozen updates and additions to the new model to make it a birth to toddler carrier and the new black color is very chic, don't you think?

He made his "scrunchy face" the moment I called his name and he saw the camera.
There's a smile for mama!
I know you've been dying to know what my organization project this month was. The kid's toys! Won't the closets look spiffy when potential buyers open them up.
Kailie discovered a glow stick she got for her birthday last spring and was really excited. I came down the hall from switching the laundry and she had all of the lights in her room turned out and Jaron sat on the floor not knowing what was going on.
Jaron's favorite toy in the house is arguably the wooden kitchen. He loves to explore and take what he learns to his highchair by tossing everything in his bowl and making his own concoctions.
So the fridge is overflowing with fresh produce, yummy leftovers and I think my meal planning is inspiring more wholesome, balanced, healthier eating. Now to put my game face on for week two!

No comments:

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected