So it's still a happy ending although I would have been ecstatic if I had found another pedestal on sale or clearance somewhere. Since Jeff will be home tomorrow we will have the fun job of putting it all together and my washer and dryer will be the same height once again. The simple joys in life. I think I will finally be able to keep my washing machines clear of clutter now that a) I have doubled my storage space and 2) it is harder to stack things on top of the washer and dryer when they are taller. So it's a win win situation. More storage and a clutter deterrent.
As the days inch closer, we are starting to get excited about the March wedding in Las Vegas! We ordered our plane tickets the other week and booked our hotel so it's official. I will tell you though, I understand why so many families are crazy enough to drive all over the country, because tickets are expensive! Luckily Jaron is still lap eligible, but three tickets sure adds up. Luckily your sister-in-law doesn't get married just any day. ;-)
It is actually going to be a family reunion of sorts for Jeff's family as he has not seen most of his relatives who are attending since he was in high school. I actually had the pleasure of meeting his paternal grandmother and one of his aunts while he was deployed, and we met a good number of his maternal family on our little get away last summer, but over all we don't see his extended family very often. Plus, the weather in Nevada is very mild in March and will feel like summer to us coming from Missouri. So it'll be a fun little escape.
I ordered Jaron a little "gentleman outfit" to wear at the wedding on Zulily for about 70% off and we are trying to decide what Kailie will wear as the flower girl (Zulily and Totsy are a blessing and a curse, let me tell you! I also scored my Emu slippers and other Christmas on Gilt). It's not a suit suit, but I thought it looked sharp and it's something he can wear to church as well. I am excited that I may be able to crash the hair and make-up party the morning of the wedding and get pampered, especially since I didn't have a more traditional wedding experience like this one.
Oh and we got our first real snow that stuck this week. It's been a mild winter which always makes me nervous for tornadoes or crazy storms to come! So what's going on in your neck of the woods?



2 comments:
Hi Emi! Just found this personal blog of yours and love it! Congrats on the pedestal. Oh what a frustrating ordeal to go through though!
And yay for Vegas!! That will be SOOOO FUN!
We got our second pedestal installed today. Woot! The washer was a bit more work and I think we may just have to break down and splurge on a set when we buy a new W/D years from now. Let someone else set it up! :-)
Post a Comment