Tonight I made butternut squash soup and had dinner guests! Shocking, I know. It's been so hard to make any decent food for myself since Jeff left, since it's just me. No one to hand Kailie off to at 5:30 P.M. to start dinner. And any of you who know me well, know that I love to cook. I am, after all, a Food Network junkie. A spouse from Jeff's company told me that "everything changes at 6 months" and if everything means being able to plop them in their high chair while I make a decent meal every once in a while then she was right :-)
Well the car search and research continues, but I am leaning towards the 2008 Honda CR-V today. Dealers are trying to get the '08s off their lots so I think we can get the best deal this way, and it's still brand new. Plus my Consumer Report Car Magazine indicates very little was changed between the 2 years. And my mother-in-law pointed out that insurance will be lower for an '08 vs. an '09. So '08s may be the way to go and this would be the time to get them.
I'm excited and nervous about the next 5 weeks of travelling. It's going to be great to see friends and family, but I can only imagine how exhausting it's all going to be. I know family will help, but Kailie is such a mama's girl that it will be exhausting all the same-- especially since driving, flying, and jetlag are tiring even without a little one!


1 comment:
Yeah for making a real dinner! Yes, things do improve around 6 months, you can grab occasional moments to get something done ( : I think the 08 model would be the way to go too. Talk to you soon
Susie
Post a Comment