Per Jeff's request I am posting Kailie's first teeth caught on candid camera. And her Bumkins Dr. Seuss bib makes her baby blues really pop :-) Her teeth broke through a while ago, but they never show them off when you've got a camera in hand...I stole this shot as she was talking and babbling at meal time.
Kailie and I are adjusting back to our life at home and I think a trip to G&G's was just what the Dr. ordered. She's been napping a lot better in her crib! (Probably recouping from the trip, but I'll take it even if it's only temporary!!). She had a record today of two 40-minute naps and one 90 minute nap!!!!!!!! For any of you that know how much her napping has been a challenge will understand what a miracle that is. Being a "single mom" is not so hard when your baby naps like other babies do! But each baby comes with their own challenges so I'm not saying other moms have it easy by any means!
What else. I am car shopping and trying to find the best combination of military discount and APR promotions, while guessing at the trade-in values of our cars based on Kelly Blue Book. I have narrowed it down to the Honda CR-V EX 4WD, Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium AWD, and the Toyota RAV4 Sport in 4WD. I've made some charts and it seems they are all pretty close in price/deals/monthly payments. There are just the question marks of who would give us the best trade-in or if we can talk down a price or financing. You gotta love those what-ifs.
This Fall/Winter is a little hectic I must say! We are planning an overnight trip in St. Louis to visit some friends/colleagues at the national AMTA conference next week, which I am no longer attending since 4+ days of a conference and Kailie don't mix. But I wanted to see a few familiar faces. Then there's Thanksgiving which is up in the air, since I'm still him-hawing about whether to make the drive to Tennessee to join Jeff's relatives/family. Following that is our 2-week trip to Japan followed by Christmas in Indie with my brother and his wife. No travel plans for the new year though, believe it or not :-)
The only other crazy thing I can think to share is that we came home to Yellowjackets in the house. Talk about a nightmare. Luckily it wasn't a swarm but I've just been finding a few at a time. And the cats are so great at spotting them right away or swatting them to protect our little family. It seems they were trying to keep warm with the weather getting so cold. Anyways, hopefully we've seen the last of them. Only when your husband's deployed, right?


1 comment:
my only advice to you on car shopping is to negotiate the price....talk them down to where you want them to go and THEN ask what they will give you for your trade in. Don't even mention the trade in before you do the other price hashing. You get a way better deal that way. I have also heard that if you do it with them online they are more likely to give you a better deal since they want you to make a trip to see them. Tell them they have to make it worth your while to come and buy to car, kind of thing. Anyhow, good luck! And your baby is getting cuter ever time I see another picture!
Post a Comment