Kailie and I had a fabulous and eventful trip to Houston the past 10 days, filled with TONS of shopping, unexpected company, food and photoshoots.
Konrad, my father-in-law took this picture at the airport before we flew back home, and yes, I am sporting a new haircut :-) I LOVE it. I've been talking about cutting it for a while, but in a truly Emi fashion, I did it on the spot. Kailie had fallen asleep and I had Jeff's parents to help stroll her around so it was my only chance for a while.
Well our trip started with Kailie's first airplane rides, which she did pretty well with. It's almost impossible to nurse a baby in the economy seats though, so luckily we had empty seats next to us for most the flights (sometimes with a little shuffling around). This trip was definitely a good practice for our big trip to Japan in December. I need to bring less stuff, since I hurt my back and it 's still not 100%, and make Kailie sit in her stroller instead of carrying her the whole day :-)
When we arrived to Jeff's parents' place, there was an extra car sitting in the driveway! It seems Konrad's (my FIL) mother and one of his sisters arrived DAYS earlier than expected. So it started out as quite an adventure. I felt like I was in a movie really. They didn't call ahead for a heads up and we weren't sure how long they were going to stay-- reminded me of one of Jeff's favorite Christmas movies "Christmas Vacation". So Kailie went from our quiet house to a full house, so it took her a while to get used to the new environment and people, which was pretty exhausting for me. They were really sweet though, and I'm happy I got to meet some of Jeff's extended family.
Kailie had a couple of "firsts" on our trip. She had her first finger foods including bread and cheerios; we mentioned her first plane ride earlier; she drank from my cup on the plane and did an awesome job; she smiled instead of cried at her photoshoot; she sat on the big girl side of her Fischer Price tub; and ate the paper of a toy label at Babies R Us, because I didn't realize we had been there almost 3 hours and she hadn't nursed since earlier that morning! Plus, I'm probably forgetting some at the moment, because I am exhausted!
Well our little "Tyra" was quite the little angel at The Picture People for her 6 month photos. She really seemed to be posing and everything! Well fortunately and unfortunately, so many of the pictures came out SO cute, Jeff's parents ended up buying the $350 photo package. And we had walked in because we had a coupon for a free print! Haha. But we may never have another photoshoot like this one. The package included a bunch of prints and 2 giant custom frames, one of which Jeff's parents are bringing up before Thanksgiving so that I can hang it on the wall.
Kailie testing out a comfy chair at pottery barn kids...one of the few stores G&G Stapler didn't leave $100 poorer. During our visit we shopped at the Woodlands mall, the outlets, and Babies R Us and were out of the house the majority of every day we were there. Kailie is such a trooper and so patient :-)
Kailie absolutely loved the dog and cats. Rommey, their dog, licked Kailie, but was smart enough to stay just out of her reach most the time. So Kailie definitely loves animals and I think she will love a puppy. We saw a puppy at the pet store that wanted to come home with Kailie, but luckily the $800 price tag helped us from a spur-of-the-moment purchase :-) We'd want to go puppy shopping with daddy anyways, so we'll have to wait until sometime after Jeff is home.
One of the many outfits Kailie came home with from our shopping sprees. These are going to be her PJs for Christmas morning, but we might as well get our money's worth by starting to wear them now at the rate Kailie is growing! We even got Kailie's Halloween costume for next year for 70% off, so hopefully she won't outgrow it before October.


1 comment:
SHe is growing up so fast! What a real cutie pie too. It is always hard to walk away with judt the one free photo in those place...I never have. Ha. And I love your new hair cut!! It looks so good.
Post a Comment