Kailie and I arrived safely in Japan, 3 flights and 2 delays later. Kailie did very well on the plane and is doing well so far with jetlag. I, on the other hand, am having a harder time adjusting to the time since I have to be awake whenever Kailie wakes up AND when my body wakes up. But my family has been a lot of help, ensuring I get an occasional nap and am well fed! Kailie is doing awesome with my family, and is enjoying some new food experiences! She's tried rice, noodles, and Japanese-style baby food since we've arrived and continues to enjoy eating :-)
A new American-style mall opened up near my family's home where we went to browse around and ate at Cold Stone! My parents waited in line for 30 minutes while Koji and I stolled around with Kailie, and I laughed to myself since I flew thousands of miles to eat American icecream I can eat at home. The mall is a mix of Japanese, American and European stores.
Well I have been stuffing my face with food, because there's actually a full fridge and lots of great places to go out to eat, so I hope I don't gain too much weight while I'm here! My father will be in and out of town on business the whole time we're here, which is helpful since we'd be going out to eat food more often if he were here the whole time! I will be doing more walking while I'm here than at home, however, so hopefully that will help counter some of the increased food intake.
Visiting my Uncle's family
My dad switches places with his brother for this pictureWe went to visit my uncle's family on Sunday after church, where Kailie continues to be a big hit. A blue eyed baby is a rarity here in Japan! I have no hope of even trying to blend in anymore, with such a "gai-jin" (foreigner) baby. We are going to visit my brother Koji at his school this afternoon where I also attended from second grade until the middle of my Junior year of High School. It will be strange to visit my old stomping grounds, as most of the staff has changed and the campus has expanded.
Kailie in her new Christmas dressWe continue to miss Jeff every minute. Kailie is so playful now and I can imagine them playing together and having a ball. I have especially missed him the past few weeks as we spent time with his family and now with my family. I am reminded of all the things we did together last year here in Japan and can't wait to make more memories with him the next time we venture "beyond the sea".




3 comments:
Kailie is so cute! You're right, she doesn't blend in very well, but that's okay cause she's so cute. When are you going to be back? We're leaving on the 19th and I was wondering about the pampered chef stuff.
I bet Jeff is having a harder time without you and Kailie, although it's hard for everyone! Have a good vacation.
I'm so glad you've arrived safely, and hope you enjoy the good food while you can! You deserve a little break ( : I love to see the pictures, thanks for sharing! And, I'd imagine, the holidays are especially hard with Jeff gone ) : Next year will be fun to look forward to though. See you in a while!
You look great even though you're on jet lag. Kailie is so cute. Her dress is darling. I'm sure it's just great seeing your family. hopefully, it's making it just a little easier to be with family while missing your husband. Have a Merry Christmas and we'll see you in 2009!
~Jessica
Post a Comment