
I can't believe another year has past and gone. After a few good bouts of tears after a water pipe broke on Tuesday all I could do was be angry and feel sorry for myself. Angry it happened, angry Jeff was deployed, and angry that my efforts to take care of the house and avoid tragedies like this had failed. It seems that everything has happened since my hubby left including the lovely yellow jacket "visitors" in the house in November and December. And all of it on top of trying to raise Kailie, the rebel of naps, on my own. So after some Hershey kiss cookies and soulful prayers I decided the only cure for being angry and feeling sorry for yourself was to count my blessings and do something for someone else. So I went the extra mile Tuesday afternoon for a friend, that may not even go noticed, and decided to think of all the blessings this past year has brought into my life.
Here's a list of the highlights for each month of 2008:
1. The start of another wonderful year with my hubby Jeff.
2. Jeff and I celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary in STL.
3. We moved into our newly built house.

4. Kailie was born!
5. Jeff and I have been together over 4 years.
6. Jeff's 2-week vacay, Kailie's blessing and visits from loved ones. And my gorgeous piano.

7. My birthday and surprise gift delivery from Jeff (the only thing he has sent me via mail since his deployment :-) ).
8. My parents and Koji visit again. Shopping at the outlets.
9. Visit from Virginia where we tackled curtains and a quilt project. Kailie at bathtime.

10. Houston vacay with Kailie's "supermodel" photo shoot and my new haircut.
11. Thanksgiving in Tennessee and my new car.
12. Spending the season with family, my gifts and Christmas.
1 comment:
Emi, you rock! I am so sorry your week has been crazy! If I didn't have a sick little Teddy and no car at the moment I'd take you out somewhere right now ( : The good thing is, after such a crazy start to the new year, it can only improve, right? ( :
By the way, we should start exercising again, I could use some EASY exercise and chatting ( :
Post a Comment