Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Now and Then

Kailie at 8 months

Kailie at 5 months

Kailie at 8 months

Kailie at 3 weeks

I took the third picture yesterday to send to Jeff so he could have a better visual idea of how big Kailie has gotten since he left, since he had seen her in her bouncer before he left. And I happened to take some pictures of Kailie today in one of her new diapers and noticed a resemblance to an old photograph!

Kailie is getting so fun and interactive and it is a joy to see her little personality beginning to surface. She was a goof today when my piano student Melannee was over. She made her squinty smile/face she's been doing lately and trying to get attention and a reaction. It was adorable. She also wanted to hold the soft rattle doll (seen in the first picture) throughout the day which was really sweet. She has always played with all of her toys pretty equally and this was the first time she seemed attached to one in particular. She also tends to throw toys to the ground or across the room when she's done playing with it (as all babies tend to do at this age), but she held on to her little doll pretty intently. She even played peekaboo with it while nursing today.

Kailie continues to love music and today we did some interacting and vocalizing on the piano which was really fun. I mirrored sounds she and I made using the piano, which she immediately recognized and started laughing. It's wonderful to share my love for music with her.

It's been a good week so far. I got to talk to Jeff on Skype (after months it seems of seeing his face), I went on a walk with a friend and our babies when it was in the 60s the other day, Kailie went to a birthday party today, I got some new cloth diaper gear, went to a friend's house for dinner where I had steak and icecream, and am continually reminded of all my blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow it's fun to see the different stages. You don't notice as much that they are growing when you see them all of the time :)

I haven't been on your blog in a while! WOW you have done a lot! I love all of the pictures.

It was great to see you the other day! Thanks for stoping by!

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected