Kailie and I have been going walking/playing with our friends Angie and her little Jaxon, and try to get out of the house when we can. Her second top tooth broke through this week as well and there's at least 1 more canine coming and maybe 2 more (??). At this rate she will have a full set of teeth by the time Jeff comes home for R&R! Haha.
Work has been going fine and is pretty low key for the next week or so while I just get caught up on education requirements and get organized before the Activity's Therapist leaves on Fridays so I can take over her groups and assessments to do music therapy. The instruments they ordered (that I chose :-)) are AMAZING. We have a 76-key keyboard, Yamaha guitar, 2 Remo Tubanos, 2 Remo Djembes, a Sonor Rosewood Xylophone, Bongos and small percussion instruments. I will probably do a group next week and i do a presentation for the Board (who funded me the money for this equiptment) on March 6th. Then Fridays will be all me. Kailie is doing OK at daycare, except she doesn't nap. Who can blame her with all the lights on, kids screaming and running around and they aren't allowed to put them in the cribs unless they are already asleep. Then she is so overtired by the time I pick her up that the rest of the day is a little crazy :-/ I will hope for the best, but I may just have to hope she grows out of her morning nap in the next few months instead. At least she wasn't sobbing when I picked her up this week. That made me feel much better.
I made my first fitted diaper this week~! It's a newborn size made from all bamboo fabrics (fleece/knit, velour and terry). It turned out rather nice and I'm excited to continue the weekly sewing night I started this week with a couple girlfriends (after our little ones are sound asleep. We're finally productive!). We'll tackle diapers, clothes, bags, and anything else our hearts desire :-) Below are some pictures of my creation:
Oh and we got the BEST towel from Kailie's aunt Kelly for Valentine's Day. It's generously sized (twice the size of her baby towels), super soft, adorable and organic! ;-) It's red and says "lovebug" on it. I can bundle her up and keep her warm after getting out of the tub-- one of Kailie's favorite activities!


No comments:
Post a Comment