Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Love, Life & a little Loneliness

It is Valentine's Day this weekend which is also our two-year wedding anniversary. So it's like salt and lemon juice on my wounds of loneliness instead of one or the other. Jeff knows me well, however, and sent me boxes of chocolate to hold me off until April :-) There is no medicine like chocolate.

For those of you who don't know Jeff and I went to Hershey, PA to the exquisite Hotel Hershey for part of our honeymoon. They even used chocolate-scented detergent for the linens~! We were a king and queen for a few days there and will never forget the blizzard we went through either! So it was very appropriate that Jeff had a personalized chocolate bar and boxes of Hershey kisses sent. I can't believe that Jeff and I have been together five years by the time he comes home for R&R. Some days it seems shorter, because time has whizzed by and other times (which is most the time) it's hard to remember not being together.

Kailie is growing leaps and bounds, and her personality is emerging more and more each day. Sometimes she's sweet and other times she's sassy. She is a standing, talking, crawling machine now! She continues to enjoy entertaining company for attention and showing off all she can do (especially to Jaxon who's only 6 months). She is also teething. Again. Two have broken through and at least two more are on their way. The nights have been long all week :-)

We enjoyed a visit from my mom, where we also met up with my brother Kenta and his wife Virginia for a weekend in St. Louis. Kailie got a couple presents for her upcoming birthday that are wrapped up and got a new outfit from Kenta and Virginia to wear now! It really brings out her blue eyes and she LOVES buttons so has 6 of her own to play with on the shirt. I can't wait until my younger brother Koji is in college and my mom can stay more than just a few days when she comes to the U.S.!! She and Kailie had a lot of fun together and I think Kailie is wondering where her entertainment has gone. My mom and I also worked on some crafts together. I will post some of the projects at a later time.

I also had my first cloth diaper class with good friends and lots of fun samples! I definitely have a wishlist for a few items to add to my stash for my next little one :-) Spread the word to people in the area that I am holding free classes with great info and sample products so people can see what kinds of options are out of the market. Whether they're considering cloth themselves, are just curious about it or would like to give it as a shower gift my new class is for them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emi!

I would love to come to one of your classes! I love learning about new diapers and just meeting like minded moms. Let me know when your next one is and I'll send an email out to all of my customers letting them know.
Thanks, Rebecca

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected