I have also been slacking on this blog because I don't want people to feel like I'm trying to get pity because my whole life (other than my review blog) all connects with my frustrations and life with broken legs. I guess it's reality, but I don't want to bore you with my same old "life is so hard and frustrating" or "I can't wait until my mom gets here" complaints. I've been exhausted this week trying to take on more tasks as I am able to, since I have less help. Kailie has been having a very rough week as well with so many different people coming in and out and trying to put her to sleep-- so this has been an exhauting week. I know we'll get through it, but now you can see why I have been reluctant to blog: I don't want to sound like I'm just whining or complaining.
On the bright side I transfer to my wheelchair completely independently now, can wash a couple dishes before my arms feel like falling off, can switch some laundry (but I can't reach it all so I still need help) and dress myself. It's just all exshausting to do, but at least I'm making progress :-) I can't wait until my mom gets here and I will need to recouperate from all the extra chores I've been trying to take on and hopefully that will help my bones to continue to heal. Yay for moms. Kailie will also have some consistency with her here for a chunk of time so I am excited about that for Kailie. Poor munchkin is being such a good sport with her world turned upside down, but inevitably is throwing tantrums, napping terribly and being a tired crank in the afternoons.
I didn't need all this to happen to know not to take my legs and blessings for granted, but I will definitely not ever take them for granted after all of this. So maybe I am giving people the opportunity to be blessed for serving and being so charitable, and maybe I need to learn to better be served and have more empathy down the road for those who literally or metaphorically have two broken legs. A good skill to have as a therapist and mom I suppose. As always, I love comments and hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for all the love and support so far, it really helps lift me spirits and keep me going day by day. Oh and all the birthday wishes this week were awesome too.


2 comments:
hope your mom gets there soon. :)
I am so glad your mom is there! I have been awful about not helping you at all!!! I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for the post!
Post a Comment