December 25, 2010
7 lbs. 4oz.
Jaron (Hebrew) "to cry out", "he will sing"
Kohei (Japanese) "justice", "peaceful"
Yeah, so Olya totally called me out on this and I am a slacker mom! I am so busy being a mom, wife, blogger over at The Cloth Diaper Report, crafter and super-woman-wanna-be that I have failed to post photos and an official welcome for my dear, dear Jaron. Granted I have posted pictures on my work blog, Facebook and in emails to family, but I really need to document him (and the rest of my personal life) more here on this blog. I am feeling the need more than ever lately to have a place to share more personal thoughts and family happenings, and the one or two sentence status updates on Facebook don't properly reflect the depth of my experiences in our every day lives.
So thank you Olya for your comments so I know that 1) people actually read my blog (leaving comments helps me to know there is someone out there reading all of this, hint hint) and 2) I need to stop feeling like I have to catch everyone up on everything that's going on and just write. FYI, you can subscribe to get emails when I publish new blog posts if you type your email address in the left sidebar as well.
He came into our lives after I have had plenty of time to adjust to my role as a mother and after a lot of growing pains of the past couple of years with Jeff's deployment, the car accident and just life in general. Jaron has a really sweet spirit about it and is just a happy kid. I remember having a moment at the hospital after he was born where I had that deja vu moment where I felt like I knew him. Perhaps we struck a deal before coming to earth that he would come along and help make my life a little more cheerful, remind me to keep my chin up and make me feel like a hundred bucks even on the roughest of days.
He smiles at everyone, doesn't make too much of a fuss as long as he is full, clean and gets some sleep here and there, and loves to smile and laugh. He started smiling and laughing pretty early-- earlier than I remember with Kailie and earlier than most newborns I know. I really feel like he is a special gift after all that we have endured the past couple of years and is an awesome addition to the family. Now he just need to start sleeping more at night....but I must remember even the best babies are a lot of work. Until next time.




3 comments:
Ahh.. The Lord knows exactly what we need. He sent you an angel you deserve! I know exactly what you mean about feeling like you "know" you children even when they've only been w/ you fir a short amount if time. I remember looking @ S one day & thinking, I remember your face like I've been looking @ it for years. Sweet memories to cherish! Hope to meet your little man one day soon. Hugs!
uh oh,I hope I didnt sound too pushy or rude...
I really like to read your updates and this post is just precious!!!
Not at all Olya, it was just the push I needed to stop slacking!!
Post a Comment