Saturday, May 14, 2011

My New Hairdo

So I finally went and got my hair done after, gosh, like 2 years! I had gotten it trimmed a few times since the accident, but didn't do anything while I was pregnant and the last time I can remember getting any highlights or cutting it since Kailie's first birthday when Jeff was home on R&R. Well this time I ventured out and tried something new: a perm! Curly hair and blonde hair were two traits I always wish I had growing up (and ironically Kailie came out with both...I must have wished it really hard and multiplied my recessive genes) and although I didn't go blonde, I decided to try some curls. 


Feelin' Retro
(Minus the iPhone)
I really like how it turned out except it was really cold and damp today and was taking forever to dry after I got home, so I ended up pulling it back (Jaron yanking on it wasn't helping either). Consequently, it doesn't look as curly now, but I figure it will bounce back up once I wash it again-- that's one thing I've learned from Kailie's hair is that it gets curliest when it's wet, but as any Legally Blonde fan would know it's "the first cardinal rule of perm maintenance that you are forbidden to wet your hair for at least twenty-four hours after getting a perm at the risk of deactivating the ammonium thioglycolate" so I'll just hold tight for now.

So Jeff survived 3 hours alone with the kids and I told myself a time or two while I was gone that I have no reason to feel guilty, because I take care of the kids 24/7, 7 days a week and the kids were napping half the time I was away anyways. Still I am grateful for the 3 hours I had to myself and think that I should get some alone time like this at least once a month. Seriously, for my sanity and everyone else's. Next on the mom-time agenda: a french pedicure would be lovely. 



Oh, another exciting thing for the day. A bunch of seedlings sprouted from the seeds we planted last weekend. One day there was nothing and all the sudden yesterday there were a few 2 inch sprouts and today there were even more. So exciting, especially since I had never planted vegetable seeds directly into the ground outside. And if you were wondering the seeds were for beans, 5 inch carrots and beets. Yum.

I still have one square (out of twenty-four) I haven't planted anything in and one of the tomato seedlings I planted might not make it-- it looked sad when I planted it, but I thought it might perk up. I'll give it another couple of days and if it doesn't grow any more I'll have to replace him with something else. Jalapenos? 

3 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun!! I can't wait to see your hair at church tomorrow. I'm glad you had Mommy Time today, it is so rejuvenating.

Naomi Takagi said...

Love it!! I'm feeling inspired. Maybe I'll have to give a perm another try this summer.

Marmie said...

I hope you have better luck than I have had. The first one I had when I was young made me look like Phyllis Diller (this tells you how old I am...just google it and you will see). The second one I had was when you kids were small. After that I just quit trying..you'll have to check out the old family pictures when you are here to see that fiasco.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected