Well this past month we made a short little two night trip up to The Lake of the Ozarks and it was great to have a little get away, far from chores and to-do lists. And it always seems that home seems a little sweeter after being away from it for a short while, doesn't it? We went to a resort that has a phenomenal military rate which is only about 10 minutes from the outlets and they also have an indoor water park perfect for little kids. Kailie and Jeff had a ball at the park and Kailie was sure starting to get brave by the end and begged to go back on the water slides! Jaron and I were just spectators for a while then hung out in the hotel room when they went back later in the evening.
I am going through a bread baking kick and it's actually so easy to bake bread I don't know why more people don't-- or think that it's harder than it is. I am experimenting with a couple recipes and tweaking ingredients to see how the bread comes out differently and maybe sort of an attempt at creating my own recipe. The three loaves pictured below mainly look different, because they were baked in different pans, but I changed little things to see if they made a difference. I think I will be writing more about bread baking in my creative EPJ blog and share the results of my experiments as the month goes on.
Jeff started night classes on Mondays and Tuesdays and continues to have a busy schedule so I often feel like a single mom at times. Kailie is getting more confident in gymnastics class, Jaron started solids and is working on sitting up and I am busy as always. I hid with the kids in the bathroom for the first time during a tornado warning, which was scary. We have warnings many times a year, but never took them as seriously until the recent Joplin disaster. We don't really have a good refuge either without a basement. Maybe I should make friends with a neighbor since everyone else on the street seems to have a basement... Anyways, scary stuff. Jaron is "calling" so until next time.





2 comments:
Have you tried a white noise maker for Jaron? Noah would always wake at the smallest noise until I started using white noise. I even use it for Clare as well. It makes a huge difference... I bought this one :
http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-SleepMate-980A-Electro-Mechanical-Conditioner/dp/B000KUHFGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307674837&sr=8-1
Its great, compact and you can take it anywhere without taking up a lot of space! Just a thought :)
I am totally jealous of your bread making skills. I need to get a standing mixer or Bosch so I can make my own bread too. I would MUCH prefer that over buying bread!
We brought in a fan the other night and it's been working GREAT. Well, on top of the fact that we did move him to the 3rd bedroom. The hum seems to be helping, but I will definitely look into the white noise maker. Thank you!
As for bread, I have some "no machine needed" recipes if you're interested including a no knead dough recipe you make in bulk and keep in your fridge. I think I'll blog a little about my recent experiments on my new easypeasyjapanesey.blogspot.com blog this month. Love my KitchenAid though ;-)
Post a Comment