So I know you're dying to know how my kitchen window treatments turned out, right? I ended up sewing the curtains into valances for the dining room and sewed small cafe curtains out of a different fabric for the kitchen windows when a friend came over with her daughter for a play date this past week. Slowly, but surely I am trying to finish all the projects I've started and never finished over the past couple of years, but that will take some time! I also have some baby things I want to sew for Kenta and Virginia's baby-to-be and many cute, but never sewn patterns I had planned on giving as gifts to family I need to wrap up this year. The fabric I used on the kitchen windows has been waiting to be made into something for over 2 years!


So in addition to sewing, Kailie keeps getting better at reading letters, helping with chores and Jaron is working on crawling. I think he will be zooming around here in just a couple of weeks. Kailie's new chore is putting the silverware away in the drawer and she does a really great job for a three-year-old. She even remembers my measuring spoons go in a different drawer and this week she put it away by herself in the other drawer without asking. She also helps fill the pet food bowls, wiping down the table and some other miscellaneous things, but I can't wait until she can help with more and more chores and Jaron is not too far behind!
We have a weekend trip to Indianapolis coming up in two weeks, which we need to finish wrapping up plans for (as in book a hotel), but it will be nice to see (almost) the whole family and we'll see how Jaron does on the long car ride. I am not as worried about Kailie now that she is older and we have a DVD player that will keep her entertained for a good chunk of the trip. I ordered a little suitcase and matching backpack on the Pottery Barn Kids clearance online this week to use on this trip and our big trip to Japan this fall, so I am excited for that to come. Thank you Sarah for the company sewing this week and filling me in on the clearance and free shipping for the gear. I hope you don't mind we copy-catted the same pattern as Abby, it was the cheapest and super cute ;-).
Oh yeah, and it was my birthday yesterday. We went out to breakfast
and dinner (I didn't want to get stuck with any dirty dishes to clean) and I went to get a pedicure,
alone! Sadly, this is one of two mommy times I have had in the 7-months since Jaron was born, both for just a couple of hours, and I need to take the initiative to make sure it starts happening more often! I got a really awesome Santoku knife from Jeff and lots of baking goodies from Jeff's family! You will see all of these things debut in my cooking and recipe posts on my EPJ blog for sure!
Until next time...
3 comments:
Looks great!
Looks terrific Emi! It sounds like the kids are growing quickly- you're doing well with this mommy business. It's hard to believe Kailie is so big!
The curtains look great Emi! And I can't believe that Jaron is already working on crawling! Crazy how quickly time flies!
Post a Comment