Saturday, July 02, 2011

Kitchen Reorganization

So if you know me at all, you know that I reorganize, organize and rearrange on a regular basis. If you have been to my house more than once, odds are at least one thing was probably moved or changed from the time before. I call it my "zen" and for whatever reason I have a need to arrange and organize things. And with a growing family and (as a result an ongoing accumulation of things) there is always more to do!


Jeff had the day off yesterday so while he was getting yard work done I was cleaning and organizing the dining room and living room and we finally decided we needed to get some blinds for the dining room windows (picture, above). You can't tell from the photo, because the afternoon sun is shining in, but they are white to match the woodwork and are a cellular (faux fabric) style. They are cordless, which is perfect for kits and pets and they are supposed to be pretty energy efficient. I moved two of the three cafe curtains I previously had up to the kitchen windows so it keeps the kitchen cooler and as you can see (picture, below, left), but I think I may sew the three curtains into valances (like the picture, below, right) to go over the new shades in the dining room. What do you think?




 I also got a second glass jar to use them for my flour and sugar so they look cute and are easy to access for cooking (thus encouraging more cooking and baking from scratch). I had the one jar I tried to use as decoration for a long time and I just never found the perfect things to put in it or place to display it. I saw Ina Garten from Food Network used these in her kitchen and also at a friends house the other week and thought why not! 


There are lots of fireworks going on tonight, which are rather annoying when you have little ones, especially Kailie who keeps coming out of her room complaining about them. We spent $20 at one of the fireworks tents the other day and have been having fun in the afternoon and early evening playing when some of them in the driveway. Kailie loves the snap dragons you throw on the ground and she calls them "pop dragons". 

No comments:

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected