Sunday, October 30, 2011

Our Biggest, Longest, Craziest Vacation Ever: Part Two

We were in Japan for two weeks and although we came with the intention to do a little sightseeing and a few activities for the kids, we mainly wanted to spend time with my family, eat great food and hang out. Who was I kidding? I think we had one, maybe two days where we stayed at home and even on those days we went to the grocery store or ran some other errands.

We took hundreds of photographs, but below are a handful to paint the picture a little of a small fraction of what we did and saw. They photos are great thanks for my Dad's SLR camera he and I took turns using. It made me want one even more! By the way, does anyone know if I can use the lenses from an old 35mm SLR camera on a DSLR body?  

Anyways, enjoy the lengthy (but extremely condensed look at our two weeks in Japan)!

Our arrival after a LONG two flights and lost baggage paperwork (luckily it was just the stroller which arrived a couple days later).

Being such a good sport, jetlag and all. And grandpa is wearing him in a baby carrier, sweet!

Beautiful, peaceful Ryouanji zen rock garden.

Sightseeing up a storm. We went to Kyoto alone 3 different days!

World renowned Osaka aquarium.

Ferris wheel ride! Beautiful sky view of Osaka. I'm not grumpy, just peering out at the view.

My obasan and the kids' hiiobasan!

My aunt Kazuko ("zuko") and cousin Mitsuki ("Mi-chan") at Kinkakuji.

Jeff and I at an imperial garden. No kids allowed and we had to reserve ahead of time. Gorgeous.
Garden at Tenryuji.

Running toward the camera.

Miyajima.

"I'm a quarter Japanese. Really, I am!"

Hello Kitty heaven everywhere, even in Miyajima.

Hiroshima Peace Park.
Emi, Jeff & Jaron on the bullet train.

Kailie & Marmie on the bullet train (Grandpa behind the camera).

At the Kobe Oji Zoo. Ahhh memories of childhood.

The Stapler Family in front of my parent's house.

Some good 'ol Coco Curry before hitting the road in the morning. Kailie is too busy looking at her kid's meal prize and not at the camera.

2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

How awesome that you all went to Japan!!! Love it!

Stephanie said...

I took Japanese for two years in high school - I love the language and culture. It is in my top five places I want to visit though I can only imagine how long the trip would need to be to begin to see everything I'd want to see.
From what I understand a lot of DSLR's will take the same lenses that their brand SLR took (Canon to Canon, Nikon to Nikon etc).

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected