Friday, January 06, 2012

Jingle Bells & Jaron is One!


So I wear my new fluffy, comfy, fabulous Emu "cuddlers" as I write to you this evening. I say if you want to ensure you get what you want during the holidays, buy it yourself! As much as I love presents, I enjoy watching others open what I got them just as much as getting my own, so I don't mind not having surprises come Christmas morning. My feet were already snugly warm as I walked out on to the hardwood floor under the tree on the morning of the 25th so I was a happy camper.

Moving on, one of my goals for this year is to write on this blog once a week. Even if I write once sentence that reads "Too tired to think" or "Jaron's teething again". I know it may seem that I apologize about my lack of writing and promise to write more often, oh, probably every dozen posts or so, but I really mean it this time. Once a week (and you have permission to nag)!

I need to remind myself that this is just as much for me and my family as it is to share with you our life's happenings. I don't journal-- this is my journal. I have had the opportunity to look back on posts from time to time and smile as the years always seem to fly by when you look back or cry when I remember a trial or triumph that left significant footprints in my life. I can't get caught up in how many comments I get, because I know there are some of you who read, but don't comment. Again, this is when I need to remind myself about why I am writing here in the first place.


We had a lovely Christmas and first birthday for Jaron this year and it's crazy to think that a year has gone by since he came into our family. I can't imagine our family without him. He was timidly taking a few steps over the past month, but would quickly grab onto his next anchor and didn't seem to have enough faith that he could do it (while dodging two hyper dogs, cats, a sister and toys scattered about. Who can really blame him, right?). 

Anyways, this week it was like all the sudden he decided he had nothing to lose. He shuffles about the house, takes most of his falls like a champ and even thinks he can run like Kailie (which results in the majority of his face plants). It's like you wait the entire first year for this to happen and it is exciting! He is graduating into a little person, a toddler, and although he continues to be a happy little guy (a.k.a. our "Jolly Christmas Boy") he has much stronger opinions these days that he likes to be heard.

Jaron was no stranger to cake, ice cream and icing!

The other big news is that we settled our personal injury law suit. You may notice I am tailing this on the end as if I am not quite sure if I am ready to tell the world, yet, I will start to feel some closure after the loose ends are tied. We were on the waiting list to go to trial in the spring and prepared to do so, but some unexpected things came up shortly before Christmas (gotta love the timing, but I guess it was nearing the end of the year so they had some incentive to push things along) and we are happy with the decision we made. I prayed my little tail off in that office every 20 minutes and feel that we made the best decision for our family.

I shed some tears, it doesn't quite seem real yet since it dragged on for two and a half years, but it will be nice to have the legal burdens lifted as the physical reminders will be with me the rest of my life. And that is more than enough. We will not be featured in a new season of the Beverly Hillbillies, but it will be nice to start college savings accounts for the kiddos and tuck the rest away for when I get older and the physical burdens become heavier as I age (I've got 60-70 years ahead of me). So no crazy vacations, frivolous spending or lifestyle changes here. Just our regular old selves with some peace of mind to help in my future which brings many unknowns as to how and at what age my legs will become a significant issue. And that is what the settlement is essentially about.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention, don't the pictures look fabulous? I got a DSLR camera for Christmas!!! I am still learning, but there's already a noticeable different, don't you think?

So ending on a happy note, my sister-in-law got engaged this fall and we will be headed to Vegas for her wedding in March! Kailie will be a flower girl and Jaron will be a ring bearer of sorts. Now that he's walking I think he will officially make the cut. Until next week...

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I am glad the settlement is done and over. What a relief! It looks a wonderful Christmas. I can't believe Jaron is one! WOW! How fun! Happy New Year Emi!

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected