Today is the day we left Missouri after five years (six for Jeff). It is still surreal and as much as we are looking forward to a scenery change and to be in busier towns and cities, we are sad to say goodbye to this town where we started our lives together.
Being in Missouri taught me to be more laid back about getting my hands dirty in the garden, that I could survive shopping online since there is no mall within an hour of home and that the people under the roof of our home mattered a heck of a lot more than any attractions outside the walls.
So I shed some tears leaving our first home where we started our family, where I survived being a single mother during Jeff's deployment to Iraq, suffered the emotional and physical trials of the car accident and made so many dear friends.
As we drive out of the state borders this afternoon I leave humbled and just as I was taken away by the greenery and gorgeous hills as I stepped foot here so many years ago, will miss this strange and beautiful place we called home for so long.
**I will be blogging on my phone and iPad the next couple of weeks so I apologize for the crazy picture sizing and lack of my usual blog post organization**





2 comments:
We're going to miss you Emi! And your family too! Have safe travels! And keep us updated on your family happenings!
Oh Emi, we miss you already!!!
Post a Comment